Thursday, February 26, 2009

Balancing time!



I recently logged into Blissfully Domestic and found some really interesting and creative ladies out there. One blog, in particular, hit a funny note with me today.

Kimba at a Soft Place to Land was asked how much time she spent on her hobby/job/obsession.

It was a poignant topic for me and Kimba gave a great out pouring of her thoughts regarding the place in which most of us currently exist, somewhere between Mother, Wife and creative entrepreneur. Where does the dividing line exist? Or is there even a dividing line between all roles?

My lines are definitely a blur. They overlap constantly and have to exist together otherwise I don’t think anything would get accomplished. My free moments are spent working on my craft and decorating projects.

The rest of my time is spent doing all the things that we moms do so well. I am blessed to have this opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Making my own hours per se and charting my own destiny.

There are certain parts of my day that are a constant and the newest addiction is checking my blog every morning, hoping and praying for my counter to have changed. It makes me feel a part of a bigger community, one in which I am trying learn more about every day.

It is definitely an opening of ones self to others....but I think in a good way. Those who think like you will be more apt to respond and have a willingness to share their thoughts.


How much time is “too much” to spend on your own creative passions? I don't think there is a hard and fast answer to that, because we all live with different circumstances. Keeping your balance is most important and letting your own life guide you in the right direction.

As hoped by writing a blog, I am really learning more and more every day.

Even my previous blog entry seems not to be as important any more. I have learned to have patience and let it all work out the way it should. ( I say that now...we will see what happens tomorrow :) )
I just had to add this picture of George...it makes me smile :)

No comments: