Monday, September 14, 2009

I have....

...an exciting announcement.

When I started this blog, I promised that it would be "an Evolution". As I sit here today I realize so much has happened in my life that I am ready to bite off a bigger piece of my business development plan.


My wands have been doing well as people become more aware of them and begin to understand their magical power.

I have learned they mean more to me than just a project, they are an extension of my feelings.

Often times I find words and actions are not appropriate for certain occasions and I feel the magic wand can say or do more than we could ourselves.

It's a symbol of many things, most of all friendship and love.


It's a lasting reminder of a person's feelings and desires to make you happy.

Every time I create a new wand a little bit of me goes into it and it is my hope the magic is transferred to the recipient.


So...with my Evolution, I needed a new logo.

I have decided to work with a talented artist, Emily Grandin. Emily's blog, Art of the Masses, is a great example of her work and the inspiration around her.

I am going to use this line drawing Emily created as my new logo...its simplicity yet intricacy drew me in the first time I saw it. I love how the bird is using found elements to create it's home/nest.

Very much like me, taking bits and pieces of things found to create something comfortable and inviting, a safe yet beautiful place. The making of a home and a life is an Evolution, and this little bird tells the story oh so simply.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

10 comments:

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

We do...we do...we do enjoy it as much as you do. It's wonderful!!

Sheila Rumney said...

What a lovely logo. I too love how it incorporates found objects. Love it!

Artfulife said...

Love it! Her art is beautiful & your new logo is too.

Unknown said...

Janet that's very exciting...I LOVE the new logo!!! I'm so happy for you that you love making your wands and that people are starting to see how wonderful they are! Yeah for you!!!

:) T

Free Art Printables said...

It's very sweet! I like it!

littlebyrd said...

I love it! So exciting :)

Halle@HouseCapated said...

Wonderful blog and wonderful new logo! I think it suits this blog perfectly. Congratulations on finding the perfect fit!

Unknown said...

It is perfect Janet! Love it!

annie

NicNacManiac said...

Love it...classic and does convey your message really well!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

a.love said...

I love it!! It's great. :)