Sunday, September 27, 2009

While spending some alone time...

...I made a new friend.




I would like to tell you a little story of two girls who just

happened to meet one foggy, Sunday morning.










One of the girls was happily driving to her favorite shopping destination...

The Sandwich Antiques Market.





They roads were covered with fog and visibility was just terrible.

Luckily she was able to pull over to a safe resting place.






Rather than risk going further this freedom loving mom

decided to pull over and wait for a little of the fog to burn off.







Much to her surprise another young lady happened to be enjoying the same spot, listening to

nothing but the peaceful sounds of the early morning.

As the two young ladies chatted they learned so much about one

another and soon became instant friends.




In order to make this meeting work, the normal ritual of making
new friends had to be put aside.



The best way of getting to know one another was achieved by
first sniffing, than carefully licking.

My shirt seems to be her favorite,
 told her I picked it up at Anthro with my Birthday Coupon.
Not sure if they have her size??











I know it sounds awkward, but let me tell you my new best friend is an outstanding listener.  Her insight would just blow you away....Dr. Phil watch out you have competition!







It made my day... spending time with someone so at peace with life and so sure of herself.






She really understood what it's like to be a woman!
(Please just don't tell me its a male cow...I did try and check)



Thanks my dear friend...until next time!


The fog did lift and it was time for me to be on my way to the Antiques Market where I met up with my dear friends from Willows - Michelle and Mame...but that is for Tuesday's Story.






Just to give you a little taste of my finds...here's a sneak peak.




Just felt like making new friends all over the place....but I had the choice to bring this cutie home with me. I don't think the Accountant would approve of a Cow???



10 comments:

Jen from Windy Ridge said...

Your new friend has the most glorious red hair. Please tell her I said so.

:)
Blessings from Windy Ridge

Anonymous said...

what a cute post!

Tales From the Land of Motherhood said...

I love your new friend!! I had a pet cow for 17 1/2 yrs, great listeners they are. I got her when she was 3 months old as my 17th birthday present, don't ask. I have a strange love for cows, just something about them. We lost her almost a year ago due to old age, but I was lucky enough to bury Aggie at our ranch and we made a "Agnes" rememberance garden over her grave. Seeing your new friend made me smile and miss my "friend".
Thanks for sharing.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Sounds like you found all kind of treasures, not just a new friend! You should link to us during our Junkin' Monday so we can see it all!!

tara said...

What a sweet post...love the photos~

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Your new friend is a doll!! Tootles, Janna

the wild raspberry said...

aww....your new friend has the most gorgeous brown eyes and thick eyelashes! what a beauty....

love your photos~ i just love foggy mornings.

have a wonderful day~~

chasity

Jeanne Oliver said...

Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Ha! Too funny! Oh, and I'm all for that glass of wine, anytime!!

:) T

Jerri said...

Cute post! One cannot have too many friends!