Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thank you BIG SIS!!!

This weekend I received such a sweet surprise! A package arrived with the daily mail and The Accountant immediately accused me of too much shopping... once again.

Much to my delight it was a gift from my Big Sister, Sheila R. from Blessed and Distressed.

Now I was not "blessed" with a sister in my childhood but I have gained one through Silver Bella. Yes, its a double blessing. I am going in November to this unbelievable event in Omaha, Nebraska and I have a big sister to help me through.

For all of us that are attending our first "Bella" we have been given the opportunity to have a Big Sister who has been through the program before. I will no longer be "distressed" about attending this event alone. Sheila has offered to get me prepared ahead of time and help me navigate the waters once I arrive.

The creations that Sheila posts on her blog..Blessed and Distressed...I know I am in for a world of learning and inspiration.

The chatter and camaraderie before this event is just an unbelievable experience. The excitement grows each day and everyone is helping us Freshman prepare for this great event.

Thank you Sheila for the gift...it made me feel part of the group already and its only May.

7 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

What a wonderful surprise and how amazing to have someone guide you on everything you need to know for the weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh Silver Bella sounds like so much fun!

Chic Cottage Junk said...

I just love your creativity! I've admired your blog from a distance and just gave you an award! Visit my blog to find out about it.

Thanks for your inspiration!

Sue

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Janet! Precious gift and precious opportunity to attend a lovely event! I'm jealous...LOL!

mysteryhistorymom said...

This sounds like such fun! I know that you are looking forward to this new adventure! What a lovely new friend you have made, Janet! I'd say she is pretty lucky to have you as a friend, too.:) Lori

beth said...

you are going to have a blast.

Sheila Rumney said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your gift! Counting down the days until we meet at Silver Bella!