Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Comfort Food


I have yet to mention I love to cook. Nothing makes me happier than creating a new dish. Since many times I forget to write down my new creation and friends often ask for the recipe, I thought I would post them here.

Curried Butternut Squash Soup

1 Large Butternut Squash
Place on cookie sheet and place
In a 350 degree oven while you prepare the rest.
Keep in the oven for 1 hour
1 Red Onion
Diced
1 Clove of Garlic
Minced
Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon

Sauté red onion and garlic in a stockpot over medium heat.
Soften and lightly brown should be the consistency.

48 ounces of Chicken Stock (any brand)
Add to sautéed mixture
1 Can of Garbanzo Beans
Drain and Rinse.
Add to the pot.
3 Tablespoons of Curry Powder
1 Tablespoon of Salt

After 1 Hour pull Squash from oven and let rest/cool.
Cut in half and removed seeds and discard the skin.
Cube squash, 1 inch approximate and add to stock pot.

Simmer for approximately 1 hour.
Use and immersion blender to emulsify the soup to a
Creamy texture.

Fresh Cilantro added after blending.
Approximately half a cup should be enough.
Use more for garnish.

To finish off the soup:
Chop up store bought, cooked chicken into bite size pieces
And let simmer in soup.

Finish off with some
Fresh Cilantro Leaves and Chopped Walnuts.

Enjoy with friends. Don't forget the Evolution

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love Butternut squash soup...and it is definitely soup weather here! This sounds like a great recipe...thanks for sharing!

annie