Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Journey...still day one

Once we finished drooling and shopping at Curious Sofa, we were off to Mission Road Antiques Mall.

The outside picture is deceiving because once you walk through the front doors it just spreads in every direction. These are just a few of the things we saw...




Ok just a few more pics of other finds...


Next stop we headed toward Kansas City proper.
Along the way we found this store...it caught our eye because of the large orange "flames" surrounding the building. They cut the fake flames out of corrogated plastic board...the shop is an ecclectic mix of all things entertaining. They also specialized in floral arrangments. I was in heaven.


I did get to look in their work room but I did not take any pictures. Kind of sad but they were working on a wedding and I didn't want them to think I was stealing ideas. Trust me they were creating works of art with some of the most beautiful flowers.
We stopped at a very, very, very upscale shopping area.. I believe the area was called Crest Wood. The address was 303 East 55th St...
I loved the Pear Tree and the kindness of Carol Dickey. She travels to France and brings back lots of lovely and unique finds.





Trend Alert: Bird Cages are all the rage and we found them in every shop.
Next stop after refreshments...STUFF...an artist emorium.



Finally our last stop for the day was RIVER MARKET ANTIQUES. Three floors of junk...or what ever you want to call it. I have never seen so much "stuff" spread over three floors of a very old building.





As you might imagine...I was done. Waking up at 4:00am and ending the shopping experience at 6:00pm...and Frances could have kept going. We had a nice dinner and fell fast asleep when my head hit the pillow. Day two coming soon to a theater near you.

2 comments:

Debra Howard said...

Oh, what great things you saw. I just love going antiquing. Thanks for taking us along.
Debbie

Jan said...

You packed it in. Wow. That was some day. I would have been like you. Love all that you were able to take in though. Awesome.