Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am so sorry for my absense


Life seems to be moving at the speed of light...with the kids home for summer I find my time spent much differently than during the school year.

I have tried to come up with a program to keep the kids minds active and keep their bodies active as well. This puts much emphasis on the word try as I find the days drifting in so many different directions.

All in all we are having a great time together and its about to get even better. Friday morning, bright and early we are headed to my favorite place in the whole world...WHITE LAKE BEACH. Its a tiny lake in central Wisconsin where my family has descended upon for the past 50+ years.


As a little girl I ran the beaches, as a teen I met all kinds of cute boys and as a mom I am enjoying the memories made with my own children. This small resort is not posh but it has character beyond anything you can imagine.

The sandy beach is lined with small, antique cottages that have been update just a smidge. The restaurant and bar are just steps away from the cottages and the kids favorite game room is just a little further. The kids can wander and not worry about strangers because every year the same people come back for the same week.

We have grown up with all the families that come to this place each year for the "week of July 4th". We have had many births and unfortunately many passings but each year brings us together again to celebrate the love we have of this magical place.

So during the next week, I will be on the beach but I will have my computer. I am going to write about all the wonderful things that happen and have happened over the years. I want to share this part of my life that is so special to me and while doing that I will have an even more enjoyable vacation because I will have a journal of these things for all to enjoy.


3 comments:

Victoria Hayden said...

This looks like it will be sooo much fun!! Have a wonderful time and enjoy some sun, quiet and family time!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Karin said...

I went to my grandparents house on the lake when I grew up. Best memories ever! Looks like a great time for you and your family!!

Ms. Tee said...

How great - I love that you went there as a child and now are taking your kids back. :) Hope you have a great weekend!