Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kansas City Here we come

While many of you are heading to the Farm Chicks Show in Washington, I will be heading to points more Midwest.

Kansas City has been our destination for the past four years. The first full weekend of June has indicated “Girls Trip” to some of my best friends. The numbers have changed over the years but the core three has remained the same.

Peggy, Frances and I are hitting the road once again to sample some more of the best shopping Kansas City and its surrounding areas have to offer. Our map is larger this time and our focus has expanded.

In years past, Mary Carol Garrity of Nell Hills has hosted a blow out warehouse sale. Women from all over the area, including us nuts from Chicago, descended upon the small town of Atchison, Kansas. (By the way Atchison was also home to Amelia Earhart…Amy Adams would be better according to my husband. )

For some reason this year Mary Carol has decided not to have the warehouse sale, instead she will be hosting an open house at her historic home in Atchison. I must ask her why she decided against having such a madhouse this year, was it our driving up with a U-Haul attached to the back of our Suburban last year? HUMMMM the fact that we filled the whole thing and didn’t break our bank accounts???

What ever the case is…we will miss getting up at 3:00 in the morning, waiting in line until the doors open at 9:00, doing the mad dash to grab as much stuff as you can, get it all outside to your waiting friends and collapse with a sign of accomplishment by 9:30. It was more fun than you can ever imagine.

So as we travel through Kansas and Missouri this weekend I will up date you on the our find and adventures.

Currently, we are sitting in the airport with the nicest lady who just happens to be an interior designer…who is coming back from LA…Frances is getting the scoop on that while I sit and type away.

One of our first stops today is Curious Sofa….stay tuned.

Sorry no pics...I gotta sleep...yikes

7 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh my goodness! Aren't you the Traveling Girl??!! I am so jealous! I LOVE Kansas City! I hope you have the most wonderful time and don't forget to stop at the Cheesecake Factory!;) Lori

Unknown said...

Janet,
Wait, you forgot to tell us about the Country Living Women Entrepreneur event! But of course I want to hear all about Kansas City too! Have a great time!

annie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You'll have so much to share and blog about! Have a fantastic time!

Jan said...

Have so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about it. Be safe :)

Love your flowers.

Kathy - mom of many said...

What a great idea. Sounds like great fun and relaxation. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Hope you enjoyed the Nancy Drew package I sent. Wish I could have done more, seems my creative juices just weren't flowing much.
Have a great day, Kathy

the wild raspberry said...

i was wondering how it went in kc for you...
have a wonderful day.
chasity

Sheila Rumney said...

Oh, I wish I had known that you were in KC this past weekend! I live just outside of KC. Hopefully you found some the the lovely shops & antique stores around... Vintiques and River Market Antique Mall just to name a few. If you ever come back again, let me know. Can't wait to meet you lil' sis at SB!