Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things you learn along the way ... part one

This past weekends trip to Kansas City has been an amazing journey and yes I am still on that journey.

I learned so much from everyone that I met and talked with and I even learned more about my own personal friendships with the girls that joined me.

Before I get all deep and serious, I have to share some funnies with you. While waiting in the airport on Thursday morning we met some interesting people and observed even more interesting people.

I am not sure about you but I love to people watch. First off Frances notices this good looking man and makes comment about him.

Next she tells me there is someone even better just around the pillar from where we were sitting. I couldn’t get a glimpse of him but then…. he appeared.

Attractive hairdo and since I know all of you will be interested in just how you can get your hair to stay that way I have the secret. His curly locks are held in place by a tightly secured hair net. To complete the look you must have a plaid suit.
Back to the first well built gentleman…sleeping the whole time with his mouth open catching flies.

He is just as normal as any male on the planet…not so special after all.

We also met an interior designer on her way home from Los Angeles with her pup. Now I can not remember her name or the name of her dog but I must say owners and their pets do look alike.

Before I left I had conversations with Nancy from Acorn Cottage. I noticed on her blog that she was from Kansas City, so I decided to ask for some recommendations. She had some places listed in her blog but she sent an email detailing what some other places would be of interest.

Can I just say…where would I be without the blogging community? The openness Nancy had for my inquiry just amazed me. It was as if we had been old friends. Thank you so much Nancy…we almost covered everything.

With the airport behind us and the open road in front of us we headed off The Curious Sofa and the town of Prairie Village, Kansas. As you walk through the gorgeous doors you were greeted by some of the most beautiful and fun displays.





What was even more helpful in our visit was the advice of our two favorite associates…

They shared with us some restaurants and other shopping destinations, all of which we visited and loved. Thanks guys…you made our day.

I will share some more with you tomorrow...I am sure you are tired by now...
Good night

6 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

You are too funny! Jen

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh, you are toooo funny! You must be so fun to travel with!:) Lori

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

What would you do without a camera in an airport??? I'm loving that store!

Jan said...

That was hilarious. That guy with the hairdo, is something else. It looks like he could break out in song and dance.

Love the doors too. They were so sweet.

tracey said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time. Girl's weekends really are the best. Can't wait to hear more!
T

Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage said...

I just posted about curious sofa...I Love a headboard there but am too far to buy it..will have to make it!